Web Forms, Mobile Forms and Search and Report DataPages can automatically send emails on your behalf to users who submit a DataPage. Acknowledgement emails are available as an option when you have at least one text field in your form.
To activate Acknowledgement emails you must identify the field which contains the recipient's email address.
During DataPage design, configure the details of your email:
- From address – This is the From line of your email. If the email is bounced, or if the recipient replies to the automatic email, it is sent to this email address.
- Subject – This is the subject line of your email. You can personalize the subject line for the user or situation by entering text and inserting fields from the table. To insert a field, select it from the drop-down at the bottom and click Insert.
- File Attachment - If your DataPage includes one or more file fields, you can click the Attachments button to attach the file to the notification acknowledgement email.
- Message body – The content of acknowledgement emails is fully customizable with your text and can be personalized for the user by inserting fields from the table.
- Email format – Emails can be sent in plain text or HTML.