How to Add a Reset Button in the Web Form to Clear Entries
In DataPage wizard insert an HTML block in field configuration screen of your form and enter the following code in it:
WAYS TO DISPLAY IMAGES/FILES IN A SEARCH
AND REPORT DATAPAGE.
Files and images available in your account can be provided for display or download through Search and Report
DataPages. There are two ways to store and display images through a Search and Report DataPage.
Files Currently Stored in Caspio Bridge:
If you have already stored images in the Files section of your Caspio Bridge account and the table/database
already contains a file field with the images references.
1. Create a Search and Report DataPage and link it to the corresponding database, click on next,
setup each step and go to the “Configure Details Page Fields” screen.
2. To display the image/file, select
Form element as “Display
Only”. If it is an image you could
choose Display as Image and if
it is a file, choose Display as
File or you could select “Auto-
detect” to detect automatically if
it is an image or file.
3. To let users update the file you could select the Form element as File in the same wizard
screen as mentioned in step 2. Then you will see Display options and Edit options which
enable end user’s to both see the image/file and upload a new image/file. (See the following
10/10/08 Page 2 of 3 http://www.caspio.com
Files Not Currently Stored in or Outside of Caspio Bridge:
If you do not have images stored in the Files section, there are two ways to have them stored either in Caspio
Bridge Files section or store all of them in your own Web Server then link to the table.
Store Files in Caspio Bridge
In your Caspio Bridge account click on Tables in Object Explorer, select the table and click on Design toolbar
button, add a new field to the table and set the Data Type to “File”.
Next step is to store the files in Caspio Bridge Files section and create reference to them from the table.
There are two ways to achieve this:
Via a Search and Report DataPage
You could create a Search and Report and make the File field editable in the details page so you
could attach a file to each record in the table. To do so, take the following steps:
1. Create a Search and Report DataPage and set the source to the table you would like to add
2. Click on Next and continue setting it up till you reach to the “Select Details Page Fields” wizard
screen and select the file field from the left box to push it to the right box.
3. Click on Next and in the “Configure Details Page Fields” wizard screen select the field and
from the Form element dropdown select “File” option. Then you will see Display options and
Edit options, click on Edit options tab which enable end user to upload a new image/file. (See
the figure above)
4. Continue the DataPage setup and finish the wizard.
5. Open the DataPage, search for the records and you could edit each record by going into
details page and upload the corresponding image to the each record.
Via the Table and Files view
Another way to upload images to the table is to upload each image one by one to the Files section then
from the table view attach each file one by one to each record. To do so, take the following steps:
1. Click on Files in the Object Explorer.
2. Click on Upload toolbar button and upload the Files one by one in to your account.
3. Click on Tables in the Object Explorer and select the corresponding table then click on Open
toolbar button to open the spreadsheet view of the table.
4. Assign each image to each
record by clicking on the
button right next to the "file"
field and select the
appropriate image for that
record and repeat this for all
the records. 10/10/08 Page 3 of 3 http://www.caspio.com
Store Files in your Web Server
You can store images in your own web server
, so that you can better manage your account data storage limits:
1. Design the table and add a new
field with the data type set to Text
2. Grab the URL of each stored image
on your web server and create the
following HTML code to store in the
table for each image.
3. Create a Search and Report DataPage if you have not already created one.
4. Select the DataPage, click on Edit toolbar button, click on Next and go to the “Configure
Details Page Fields” screen, then set the Form element for the image field to Display Only and
set the “Render value as” option to HTML and check “Enable all HTML tags” checkbox (See
the figure below).
5. Now click Finish button and you have completed this task.
Enabling end-user upload or update an image is not possible in this method.