Creating Thumbnails with the Image Resizer
The Caspio Bridge image resizer creates thumbnail versions of your images automatically when they are submitted to a table through a File field. This can be an efficient way to reduce your monthly data transfer when you have image intensive results pages. This article shows how to record both the original image, and a thumbnail sized version of the image in another field.
If you don't see this feature in your DataPage wizard, your package may not include this feature. Consider upgrading your plan.
Steps to add the image resizer:
1. Add an extra file field to your table
The first step to using the image resizer is to choose where the resized image will be stored. You can overwrite the uploaded image with a resized version. In this example we are creating an extra File field to hold the thumbnail image in addition to the original. In the Caspio Bridge Explorer window go to the Tables view. Open the source table where your images will be stored by pressing the Design button. Add an extra Field, name it, and set the data type to File.
2. Open the DataPage wizard
In the Caspio Bridge Explorer window go to the DataPages view. The image resizer can be added to Submission Forms, Update Forms, or editable details pages of reports. When you arrive at the Select Fields screen, do not include the thumbnail File field in the selected fields. Click Next.
3. Configure the image resizer
Now we can configure the image resizer to save a thumbnail version of the submitted image:
- In the Configure Fields screen select the Image field from the DataPage Elements panel.
- In the Field Options section configure the image options as normal.
- Click on the Resizer Options tab.
- Click Enable image resizer.
- Set either the height or the width size. Only one option is available so as not to distort the image by changing the aspect ratio.
- Under Save options select Store the resized image in a new field
- Select the thumbnail field from the File field name dropdown
Finish creating the Form or Report as normal. Press Finish to save your DataPage. Try to submit an image and view the results. Creation of the thumbnail version may take several minutes.