Creating a Style
To create a Style Object with the Caspio Bridge Styles Wizard, go to the Styles view and click on the toolbar. This brings up the Styles Wizard.
1. Style Name and Options
Enter a name for your Style.
Show Advanced Options is checked by default. Deselect this option if you do not plan to edit the CSS source directly. See Advanced Style Options for more information.
Check Set as Default Style to apply this Style to all newly-created DataPages.
2. Apply Style to DataPages
This screen lists all DataPages in your account that can be styled. Select the checkboxes next to the DataPages to which you wish to apply this particular Style.
|Any DataPages created in former versions of Caspio Bridge are listed on this screen with a "Former version*" indicator. You can upgrade them to use the new version of Styles, however, upgrading them cannot be reversed and you will lose all previous style settings. We recommend that you create copies of any former version DataPages before applying the new version of Styles to them.|
This is the main screen for configuring your Style. The elements are arranged in three Categories. Click to expand the category if collapsed:
- Forms/Details – This category lists all elements that appear on web forms, details pages, search forms, login forms, and Password Recovery forms.
- Results Page – This category lists all elements that appear on the results page of Search and Report DataPages.
- HTML Tags are the tags in your HTML blocks, headers and footers.
To edit the styling settings for a particular DataPage element, take these steps:
- Click the DataPage Element in the DataPage Element tree. All Element Types included in this element are listed on the right, along with their current settings.
- Click the Element Type in the list on the right. All settings that apply to this element type are configurable below.
- See the Style Element Types for a description of the various styling options for each Element Type.
- Use the Clear button to remove all styling from the currently selected Element Type and start styling it from scratch.
- To reset any changes you have made to the currently selected Element Type and restore previously saved settings, click the Reset button.
- To preview your Style on sample DataPages, click the Preview button. Click each tab to view how your styling will look on various DataPage types. Click Close to return to the Styles Wizard.
Click Finish when done.
A confirmation that your Style has been created is displayed. Click Close.