The structure of an existing table may be modified at any time. Caspio Bridge prevents certain modifications that would result in data loss.
|Caspio Bridge tables are the foundation of most other objects such as Views and DataPages. Modifying a table can make its dependent objects unusable. For this reason take extra care when modifying a table and read all on-screen warnings carefully.|
- In the Tables view select your desired table and click on the toolbar. This opens the table structure in the Table Design window.
- To add new fields, click the New Field icon to move the cursor to the bottom of the list. Enter each field name, select the appropriate data type, and, if you wish, enter a description. During DataPage design, the order in which fields appear can be changed.
- To delete a field, click on the desired field and ensure that the selection icon is pointing to it. Then click the Delete icon .
- If an attempt to delete a field that was used in authenticating a DataPage folder is made, an alert message is displayed informing the user that the field cannot be deleted.
- To change a field data type, select the desired field and from the data type list select the new data type. Caspio Bridge imposes limits on converting data types to prevent accidental data loss.
- To change the order of your fields, select the desired field to move. Then click the Move up or Move down buttons.
- Select Save from the File menu or click the Save icon when done.
|When making several changes to a table save your work after each modification.|
You can change the starting value or reset all values in an AutoNumber field. To do this, open the desired Table, select Edit from the menu bar, then select Reset Autonumber … The configuration window will pop up to let you set up the appropriate settings.