Scheduled Export Tasks (DataHub)
Scheduled Export Tasks let you create a periodic copy of your cloud-hosted data to other locations.
To create a scheduled export task go to the Tasks View of Caspio Bridge. Click on the New Tasks button. If you do not have a Tasks View in your Explorer window, your plan may not include the DataHub add-on feature. For more information you can contact your Account Manager, or select Upgrade/Downgrade from the Account menu.
- Task Name: Here you can enter a task name that will appear in the Tasks view of Caspio Bridge.
- Task Type: Select Export
- Frequency & Duration: Set how often you would like the scheduled task to run and when (if ever) you would like the task schedule to end:
- Once – runs once at a predetermined future time
- On Demand – runs once immediately
- Recurrence Pattern: Based on the frequency of the scheduled task you can further fine tune exactly when the task will execute by customizing the Recurrence Pattern
- Source/Destination: Using this dropdown you will select the site where you would like to save a copy of your Caspio data. If you haven’t yet defined the location of your outside site, you can do so now using the New button.
Once you have configured your scheduled export task properties click Next.
On the Export Data screen select the output format from the panel on the left.
On the right you can choose your file’s destination location and name. Also, select what action you would like the task to take if a file by the specified name already exists at that location:
- Overwrite: Replace the existing file
- Make file name unique: Change the name of the exported file
- Abort Task: Cancel the export
On the second screen of Export Data you can select the tables or views you would like to export during this Task. All exports will be archived (.zip) and exported as a single file.
The final screen allows you to customize the Confirmation messages. Emails can be sent to multiple email addresses when a task succeeds or fails. Separate multiple email addresses using a semicolon(;)
Press finish when complete.