Scheduled Import Tasks (DataHub)
Create a scheduled import task to periodically import a file hosted on an outside server.
To create a scheduled import task go to the Tasks View of Caspio Bridge. Click on the New Tasks button. If you do not have a Tasks View in your Explorer window, your plan may not include DataHub add-on feature. For more information you can contact your Account Manager, or select Upgrade/Downgrade from the Account menu.
- Task Name: Here you can enter a task name that will appear in the Tasks view of Caspio Bridge.
- Task Type: Import is the default selection
- Frequency & Duration: Set how often you would like the scheduled task to run and when (if ever) you would like the task schedule to end:
- Once – runs once at a predetermined future time
- On Demand – runs once immediately
- Recurrence Pattern: Based on the frequency of the scheduled task you can further fine tune exactly when the task will execute by customizing the Recurrence Pattern
- Source/Destination: Using this dropdown you will select the site where your outside data file is hosted. If you haven’t yet defined the location of your outside site, you can do so now using the New button.
Once you have configured your scheduled import task properties click Next.
On the Import Data screen select the format of your data file from the formats provided. Then, enter the file path and name in the text field on the right.
Click Next. Caspio Bridge will now try to locate the file at this location. If successful, you will proceed to the Import Data screen.
From this screen you can configure which portion of the file will be imported and how the data will be translated into Tables.
- Append: Adds data to the end of an existing Caspio Bridge table (if the table no longer exists, the task will fail)
- Replace: Replaces the current data with the data received during the import task ( if the table no longer exists, the task will fail)
- New Table (Append): Appends to an existing table, or creates a new table if no table with the correct name is found.
- New Table(Replace): Replaces the data of an existing table, or creates a new table if no table with the correct name is found.
Finally, on the last screen you will be able to select which fields should be imported from the external data source: