1. What is the Caspio Mobile Kit?
The Mobile Kit is a collection of website templates, app samples, and a Caspio style to help you quickly mobile-optimize your Caspio application.
2. What is included in the Mobile Kit?
- Four website templates, each with a different navigation interface:
- Each template is offered in three color schemes (black, white, and blue).
- A sample application that includes several Responsive DataPages (Form, Calendar, and Report)
and a mobile-optimized Caspio Style.
3. How am I going to use the kit?
- Download the Mobile Kit and unzip it.
- Choose one of the four templates located in the “Templates” folder.
- Edit the HTML files in the selected template folder and replace the sample DataPage deploy code with your own DataPage deploy code between these comments:
<!-- Caspio Deploy Code Start --> DataPage Deploy Code <!-- Caspio Deploy Code End -->
In the same HTML files, you can also change the navigation menu label or add a new navigation label by changing the code between these comments:
<!-- Navigation Bar Start --> Navigation Menu Code <!-- Navigation Bar End -->
- If you need more web pages, duplicate one of the existing ones and follow the same steps above.
- Once you have updated the HTML files, upload the content of the template folder to your web server.
- Make each of your DataPages responsive by following the instructions for Responsive DataPages.
- Optionally, you can import the sample app into your Caspio account for learning purposes.
- Go to “Import” under the “Tools” menu, and select the “Sample App” file located in the unzipped Mobile Kit package.
- Import the app and review the sample DataPages to see how the responsive code was implemented.
- If you like, you can also assign the Caspio Style to your own DataPages.
4. Are there any limitations?
- The Mobile Kit is intended for standalone websites and cannot be incorporated into CMS systems, website builders, or blogs.
- In the sample Calendar DataPage, the popup calendar interface for date selection cannot be made responsive.