If you have installed the Caspio plugin for Microsoft office but it's not showing up in Access or Excel this guide may be helpful in finding the reason and resolving it. There are a few possible reasons for this problem:
- The plugin may be disabled. If Access crashed while the plugin was active Access might have disabled the plugin automatically. See the steps below to re-enable it.
- MS Office for Windows comes in 32-bit and 64-bit. To find out if you are running the 32-bit or the 64-bit Office launch Access, click on the File menu, then Help. In the About section note your edition of Office. Make sure you've installed the proper Caspio Plugin version.
- Caspio Plugin is not available for Mac Office. If the availability of the Mac version of plugin is important to you, vote for this feature in the Ideabox.
If you believe your plugin is disabled, follow these steps to enable it:
- Launch MS Access
- Click on the File menu then Options.
- Click on Add-Ins.
- If you find "Caspio Bridge Remote Sync Agent" under "Active Application Add-ins" your plugin is already enabled, however if it is under "Inactive Application Add-ins" then click on the "Go" button at the bottom of the dialog while "COM Add-Ins" is selected for "Manage".
- If Caspio Bridge Remote Sync Agent is already there, check its checkbox and you are done. Otherwise click the Add button. In the Add-Ins dialog box, locate RemoteSyncAgent.DLL, select it and click OK. The DLL is usually installed in "C:Program FilesCaspio Bridge6". Check Caspio Bridge Remote Sync Agent in the COM Add-Ins dialog and click OK.
If you continue to have problems with the plugin open a support ticket and be sure to provide your operating system, version number of Office, and whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit.