There are two ways to add app parameters. You can either create a new parameter manually or use the Scan feature to find values within your application objects that can be converted into parameters.
Adding App Parameters ManuallyComplete the following steps to manually add an app parameter:
- On the App Parameters screen, click New. A new row is added to the list of parameters.
- Enter the following information in the appropriate fields:
- Parameter Name – Enter a unique identifier for the parameter.
- Type – Select the parameter type from the dropdown list.
- Value – Enter the value of the parameter. If the type is a File, you can use a button to locate and select a file from the file section of your account. The file section of your account is accessible from the All Assets area.
- Description – Enter a brief description for the parameter. This field is optional.
- Click Save. You can now use this parameter in your application.
Adding App Parameters by ScanningThe Scan App option on the App Parameters screen searches your app for any existing static values used in DataPages, authentication, and connection objects that can be turned into parameters. The scanning process looks into the following areas:
- HTML blocks
- Acknowledgement and notification emails
- Field default values
- On the App Parameters screen, click Scan App.
- If any convertible value is found, an alert is displayed. Click Configure.
- The Discovered Static Values screen displays all the values that can be converted into parameters. Mouse-over a value to reveal the following actions:
- Occurrences – Click this action to list all DataPage, authentication, and connection objects that contain this value. When you mouse-over an occurrence, you are given the option to Split, Combine, or Delete the occurrence.
- Split – Click this action to convert the occurrence into a separate parameter.
- Combine – Click this action to merge the occurrence with another value to make a single parameter.
- Delete – Click this action if you do not want to convert the value into a parameter.
- Click Convert. This converts the values into parameters.