To enable Twitter or Google ID Services with Caspio, you first need to register your application for each provider. After you do it, the same identification codes and keys for each ID Service can be used in your Caspio Authentications and Connections. Note that OpenID does not require any registration.
Note: Use this article only as a reference. The third-party provider might update their user interface at any time. If you need further help with these settings, see the support site of the provider.
Register a Twitter Application
Prerequisite: Apply for a Twitter developer account on the https://developer.twitter.com/ website.
- Open the https://developer.twitter.com/en/account/get-started website and sign in with an activated Twitter developer account.
- In the Get started section, click Create an app.
- Click Create an app and fill in the required fields.
- App name – Displays your application name to your users
- Application description – Refers to your application description
- Website URL – The URL address of your public application
- Tell us how this app will be used – Information for Twitter what kind of app you want to build
- Optional: Complete other fields if you need.
- In the Callback URLs field, enter the Integration URL of your Caspio Bridge account in the https://<Integration URL>/dp.asp format.
Note: You can find the <Integration URL> information in Caspio Bridge account settings.
- Click Create.
- Review the Twitter Developer Terms and click Create.
- Click Keys and tokens tab and note the Consumer API keys. You need the API Key and the API secret key to enable Twitter ID Services with Authentication in Caspio.
Register a Google Application
- Open the https://console.developers.google.com/cloud-resource-manager website and sign in to Google with an activated account.
- Click CREATE PROJECT.
- Name your project and click Create.
- In the left navigation menu, click API & Services > Credentials.
- Click the OAuth consent screen tab and enter the information for your new Client ID.
- In the Credentials tab, click Create credentials and select OAuth client ID.
- In the Application type list, select Web application.
- Enter the Site URL of your Caspio Bridge account in the following fields:
- Authorized redirect URIs – Use the https://<Site URL>/dp.asp format. For example, use https://b1.caspio.com/dp.asp if your account belongs to Site 1.
Note: You can find the <Site URL> information in Caspio Bridge account settings.
- Click Create and note the client ID and client secret. You need these values to enable Google ID Services with Authentication in Caspio.
- To finish, click OK.