In directories, you can customize the security policy settings according to your requirements. The password security settings in directories enforce a reliable user sign-in process.
- In your directory, click the Security tab.
- From the left menu, select Password.
- In the Security policy section, specify the number of Failed sign-in attempts allowed before the account is locked.
- From the Minimum password length slider, select the required minimum number of password characters.
- From the Number of previous passwords restricted from use slider, select how many consecutive historical passwords are not allowed.
- Optional: If you want the users’ passwords to expire:
- Turn on Enforce password expiration.
- From the Password expiration cycle (days) slider, select the number of days after which you want passwords to expire.
- If you want users to receive a reminder about an upcoming password expiration, turn on Send a reminder and choose the number of days before password expiration to send the email reminder.
- Click Save.