You can set up two-factor authentication for the users in your directory. Two-factor authentication (or 2FA) provides an extra layer of account security during sign-in by requiring not only the password, but also a code from an authentication app sent to the user’s device.
By default, 2FA is switched off for newly created directories. You can turn it on using the following steps.
- In your directory, click the Security tab.
- In the Two-factor authentication panel, click Edit.
- In the right panel, click the Turn on two-factor authentication switch.
- In the App display name field, enter the name that your users will see in their authentication app.
- Optional: If you want to make 2FA mandatory for all users, select the Enforce for all users checkbox.