When creating a new directory for users to access specific applications, one of the very first steps is creating users. The following procedure guides you to create one user at a time.
You can authenticate your existing app users with directories by converting the users table to a directory. Learn more.
When creating users, you can choose to activate them after creation using one of the two options available.
- In your directory, in the Users tab, click the Create user button.
- In the Create user right panel, under User information, enter the user's email address or any other mandatory field.
User information includes the set of user attributes. A directory contains default fields such as UserGUID, Email, First_Name, and Last_Name. However, an app author can add more fields by clicking Manage fields in a directory.
- Optional: If you want to add additional information about the user, for instance first and last name, click Optional fields and enter data as required.
- Under Sign-in method, select the identity provider for this user.
- Optional: If you want to activate the user now, select the Activate user checkbox and select one of the two options:
- If you want to send an account activation link to the user, select the Send email radio button.
- If you want to generate the user’s password and send it to them, select the Generate password radio button and copy the generated password. You can require the user to change this password upon first sign-in by selecting the User must change password on first login checkbox.
- Optional: If you want to add this user to existing groups, under Groups, click Add group and select the relevant groups. Click Add.
- Add this user by clicking Create.
You can also proceed straight to creating another user by clicking Create and add another.
Note: The following data types are supported in the User information section when creating or editing users: Currency, Date/Time, Integer, List (String, Date, Number), Number, Text (255), Text (64000), or Yes/No.