As a directory administrator, you can manually reset users’ passwords if needed. When you select one or more users, you can enforce the expiration of their passwords so that they need to set up new passwords. For a single user, you also have the option to generate a new password and send it to them.
Steps to enforce password expiration for one or more users:
- In your directory, in the Users tab, select one or more active users whose passwords you want to reset.
- Above the list, expand the Actions dropdown and select Reset password.
- In the modal that opens, click Reset.
Result: The status of the selected users changes to Password expired. Users will be required to set a new password next time they sign in.
Steps to generate the password for a single user:
- In your directory, in the Users tab, hover over a selected active user and click Open.
- In the User details right panel, click the Actions button and select Reset password.
- In the modal that opens, select the Generate password radio button and copy the generated password to send it to the user.
- Optional: If you want to require the user to change the generated password upon first sign-in, select the User must change password on first login checkbox