By default, all values pushed to document template fields use the data source field format (typically, US formatting), but you can set the regional settings to influence how numeric, currency and date/time values are displayed on your PDF document. For example, you might choose to display a long date formatted for the Australian region.
You can change these settings for an entire document template and adjust the formatting of values in specific fields if needed (Text, Listbox, Radio button, or Dropdown template field types).
For example, if the data format in a document template field differs from the mapped table field, you can adjust the formatting to match the values that should be available in the PDF document.
Steps to change the regional settings for the whole template:
- In a template, select the Settings tab, and then expand the Formatting section.
- In the Date and number format list, select the type of formatting that you want to use for the entire template.
Sample formatting for every option is displayed below the list.
Steps to change value formatting for a specific field:
- In a template, click the field that you want to edit, and then navigate to the Field options section.
- For the Formatting option, click Edit.
- If this field is mapped to a data source field, on the Data display tab, configure the display format and regional settings for textual, numeric, currency, date/time, and yes/no values in your PDF document:
- For a Text field, select a format in which you want to display the values.
- For Listbox, Dropdown, and Radio buttons, format the values from the table to match their format in the available values of a template field. For example, you can unify a value of a date/time table field as it is stored with time in a table field but it is created without time in the available values of a template field.
There are three predefined formats of date/time field values: long date, short date, and time. The short date is applied by default.
You can also define your custom format for the entire date and time value, or even customize each date and time segment with a different format and display them in separate document template fields.
For template fields that are mapped with a Yes/No data source field, define how you want to format the values:
- Select a value from the predefined pairs of values.
- Define your custom values for the Yes and No fields.
You must enter at least one of the custom values.
Note: Data display settings are applied upon PDF generation. If a user edits a value on a generated PDF, the source PDF data display settings are applied (and not data display settings from a template).