To give an app user the possibility to generate PDF documents based on mapped templates, you need to insert it on Results or Details DataPages. Generated documents can be downloaded as a file or opened in a new tab of a browser.
Note: Templates must be mapped with the same data source as a DataPage.
You can check which DataPages are using your template in the Used in DataPages column of the Document Templates page.
Steps to add a template to a page:
- Go to your Reports or Calendar DataPage and select Edit.
- Go to Configure Details Page Fields or Configure Results Page Fields screen.
- Use the picker to insert Generate PDF.
- In the Template field, select a template to be used for PDF generation.
- Configure the options:
- Label – instructional text which displays to the left or on top of the PDF generation link
- File Name – the name of the generated PDF file
- Action – download or open the PDF file in a new tab
- Display – the display of the link on a DataPage
- DataPage Style and Localization – the link based on the Styles and Localization settings
- Custom – custom layout of the link
- Link – displays the name of the link on a DataPage
- Image – displays an icon for the link on a DataPage. Users can choose an icon from the available set or add their own icon.
Note: You can create links which will consist of an icon and link, or only icon or only link.
- Select Finish to save the DataPage.