For created templates, you need to set a connection between the template field and the table field, which is called mapping. Mapping will be used to fill in PDF fields with table fields data when an app user downloads a file.
To map the template with a table:
- Select a table that will be used in the Data source for mapping field.
- Select the Click to map link for any field on the right panel or click any field in the PDF file preview to map the PDF field elements.
- Click Next to continue mapping another field.
• Once the field is mapped, the field’s color changes to green.
• To unmap a field, set the value to None.
Currently, the following fields are not supported for mapping:
- The File data type in datasource is not supported for Text, Checkbox, Radio button, Listbox and Dropdown PDF fields.
- The Currency data type in datasource is not supported for Checkbox PDF field.
- Special fields in datasource, except Formula, are not supported for Checkbox, Radio Button, Listbox and Dropdown PDF fields.
Note: Password data type is not applicable to mapping fields.
- For Checkbox, you can select the condition on which it is checked on the generated PDF.
- For Radio Button, Listbox and Dropdown PDF fields, you can see the list of all values allowed to be matched with the datasource table fields.
- Click Save to save the template.