As a standard practice, you can map every document template field with a single field in a table or view. However, there is a unique case in which you can map several Text fields of a document template to the same table or view field, using only part of the target value in each of the document template fields.
For example, a US Social Security Number (SSN) has 9 digits, which are usually stored in one table field, but can be divided into three PDF template fields. To reflect that, map the first template field to characters 1-3, the second field to characters 4-6, and so on.
Steps to map many template fields with a part of value of a data source field:
- In a template, select the Click to map link for any field on the right panel or click any field in the PDF file preview to map the PDF field elements
- From the Mapping type dropdown, select Data source field.
- From the Data source field dropdown, select a table or view field to be mapped with a PDF field.
Note: Do not map the Password data type fields.
- In the Use characters setting, divide the value into multiple template fields by entering your range of used characters.
- Click Next field to map another field or Save to confirm your changes to the template.