Account Users (or logins and authors) refer to people who are authorized to log into your Caspio account, to manage data, create and edit DataPages, create and edit styles, setup and monitor Data import/export tasks, etc.
The number of logins available for each account depends on its plan and options for creating account users become available if your plan allows for more than one user.
Account users can be granted their own set of permissions at the user level and at a group level. Groups provide the ability to configure specific permissions that can easily be applied to multiple users.
Note: This document is not about app users. App users are unlimited for every Caspio plan and are discussed elsewhere.
Steps for inviting a new user to your account:
- On the top menu bar of the Caspio platform, click Account, then Access Permissions.
- Click New User on users listing screen to add a new user.
- Enter Email address and assign new user to Groups.
- It’s important for the email address to be correct, as it is how the user receives an invitation email with a link to confirm and setup their access.
- Use the Groups area to give the user permissions of a Group.
- Click Invite when done.
The invited person will receive an email. They must follow the instructions in the email to accept the invitation, including creating a new Caspio ID if they currently don’t have one. The status of the invited user will be Pending during this process.
After account setup process is completed by the user, the account is activated and the status changes to Active. If the new user does not accept the account access invitation within 5 days, the user status will change to Expired and the admin needs to delete the user and add the same or another user.
The owner or administrators can disable a user account using the Disable link which appears when hovering over a user’s name.