Caspio enables app users to monitor the number of characters in the text areas for effective text management. In this article, you will learn how to display a character count in the text box that automatically counts down the available characters.
- In the Configure Fields screen of a DataPage wizard, select Text Area from the Form Elements dropdown for a given form field.
- In the Field Options section, check Display remaining characters. You can set the Max characters to any number you would like as long as it is less than or equal to the available characters in that field’s data type.
Styling the Field Help
The remaining characters text icon can be customized using the Style Wizard.
- Go to Styles.
- Select the style you are using for your DataPage and click Edit.
- In the DataPage Elements > Forms/Details, select Fields.
- In the Settings tab, select Field Help as an Element Type and use the controls to change the font style and layout options.