In this article, we will guide you how to configure calendar DataPages to display events based on a specific date range.
Steps to create date range for Calendar DataPages:
- Create a table (Table 1) with basic fields as shown below. This table will be used to store the date range values entered by users.
- Use the following formula for Date_Diff field
Datediff(day, [@field:Start_Date], [@field:End_Date])
Note: Update the field names in the formula with the date fields’ names in your table. You can also add additional fields for other information you may want to collect from the users.
- Create a Submission Form DataPage based on the Table 1. This form will allow your users to enter a specific date range for an event.
- Create a second table (Table 2) as shown below. This table will store dates based on the entered date range in the Table 1.
- Create a View to join the Table 1 and Table 2 based on ID field in the Table 1 and EID in the Table 2.
- Create a Calendar DataPage based on the View and use Date field in Table 2 in the Calendar DataPage.
- Create a trigger on the Table 1 to convert the date range to dates and to auto-populate the values into the Table 2 as shown below.
- Save and enable the Triggered Action.