Parameters are a great way to customize your Caspio apps. There are different types of parameters that are described below.
Categories of Parameters
- External Parameter – These are values that are passed to your applications through GET methods available in standard HTML. They are the easiest way to integrate other applications or processes with your Caspio apps. Likewise, your Caspio application can send parameters to other applications.
- App Parameters – These parameters are created and values are assigned to them by you in the App Parameters area of your application and can be used throughout the app. Every Caspio application can have its own list of App Parameters. They allow you to manage these values in one central place for your entire application. For example if your application generates a notification email, the email address can be defined as a parameter and used in all the DataPages that generate notification emails. If at any time you need to change the email recipient, you can do it in the app parameters section of your app and the change immediately applies to all the instances of the parameters across your DataPages. Read the article on App Parameters for an in-depth description.
- System Parameters – System parameters contain information about your application and your user's environment. The complete list of system parameters is available here.
- Data Source Fields – Contains all fields from the table or view that is the data source of the DataPage, plus any calculated fields. You can insert them freely into HTML blocks, headers and footers, etc. and provide a robust way to achieve custom layouts and personalized screens.
- Authentication Fields- Similar to Data Source fields, but they are from the authentication data source fields. One common use is to apply the user id of the app user to new or update submission to track which user inserted or updated the record. The notation for these parameters is as follows: [@authfield:First_Name]. Note that the DataPage must be authenticated in order for these fields to be available.
- Connection Fields- Contains the fields that ID Services such as Google and Facebook provide. These fields can be mapped during the configuration of the Connection and used in the DataPages to which the Connection is applied. While all possible Connected fields are shown only those mapped and only those that the particular ID service provides will have the relevant value.
The following is the complete list of all possible Connection Fields:
|ID Services Parameters Name
|Profile Photo URL