If you are building customer-facing apps, it is useful to know the locations where your users access the apps. Such information can help you to understand and target your users effectively with your marketing campaigns. In this article, we will guide you on how to capture user location in Search and Submission Forms.
- Create a new table or edit your existing table to include the following fields
Note: You can use different names for these fields; however, you will need to update the names in the custom codes in the later steps.
- Create a Submission DataPage with the data source above.
- Configure these fields as Text Field form elements to display captured values in the form. If you don’t want to display these fields, configure them as Hidden.
- Add a Header & Footer
- Disable the HMTL editor in the Footer and copy and paste the code below.
- Finish and save the DataPage.
You can also get the geolocations of your users using their provided addresses. Learn more.
For assistance with further customization based on your specific application requirements, please contact our Professional Services team.