There are three ways to export table or view data:
- Click Download from the Datasheet actions bar (explained in this article)
- Use the Export wizard (see Exporting Data)
- Schedule an export task via Data Import/Export Tasks (see Scheduled Import and Export)
The Download function is for quickly downloading the data of a single table or view. You can download data in any of the following formats:
- Microsoft Access Database
- Microsoft Excel Worksheet
- Comma Separated Values (CSV)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
Complete the following steps to download table or view data:
- Open your table or view in Datasheet.
- Click Download from the actions bar. The Download dialog box appears.
- Click the icon of the format in which you wish to export.
- Click Export. Depending on your browser settings, you will be asked to specify the location where you wish to download the export file or it will be automatically downloaded to a preset location on your hard drive.
Note: If Unicode characters such as extended Latin characters, symbols, emoji or non-Latin characters are used in the table or view, they may look different in the exported file, depending on the application used to open the file.
Note: The export file will also be available for download on the Messages area of your Caspio account.
Filter Records Before Exporting
You have the option to download only specific records of your table or view. First, use the Filter form (see Filtering Data) to retrieve the records you wish to export. Once the data has been filtered, you can then click Download to start exporting just the filtered records.