Caspio provides a large selection of ready-made app templates that you can use “as is” or customize based on your needs. If you haven’t already, browse the list and request the apps that you are interested in.
Once you request an app, Caspio Support will load it into your account and send you an email confirmation along with a ZIP file containing a set of web pages with your application pre-deployed within them. These pages include a menu structure and are ready to be uploaded to your website via FTP or any other mechanism that gives you the ability to place HTML pages on your site. If you do not have FTP access to your website, you will need to deploy each DataPage individually.
The instructions below describe how to publish a Caspio ready-made application template on your website using the provided ZIP file of web pages.
1. Publish the Template Files on Your Web Server
The ZIP file contains pre-deployed DataPages from your own Caspio account so you can quickly experience the app.
- Unzip the ZIP file provided to you. This file contains all the necessary source files (HTML, CSS, images, and scripts) for the app template.
- Upload the extracted files to the desired directory on your web server. Do not modify the HTML file names, as the application includes relative links to various pages.
Note that these files will not work properly if accessed directly from the hard drive of your own computer.
2. Review the Application Template
Once you have placed the template files on your website, you can access the app using the URL where you saved the files. The files must be accessed from a web server in order for the app to function.
- To access the public interface, open the “index.html” file originally located on the root of the template’s directory. For example: www.mysite.com/myapp/index.html
- To access the administrative interface, open the file located at “/admin/index.html”. For example: www.mysite.com/myapp/admin/index.html
- You can log in to the application using the temporary credentials displayed on the login screen. Before you share your application, you should change the login credentials using the instructions below.
3. Customize Your App for Rollout
- Log in to your Caspio Bridge account, select the App, and click Open.
- Familiarize yourself with the app by reviewing the various objects (DataPages, Tables, Views, Authentications, etc.).
- Navigate to the Tables on the left panel and update the data in the Tables as necessary.
- If the app includes “Admin” or “Users” tables, it is important to update the username, password and any other login credential information.
- Delete or update the sample records or import your own data.
- Add/remove fields in the table as needed. Here are the steps to modify an existing table.
- Configure the DataPage fields and features. Here is an overview on the various DataPage Types and their functionality.
- Enable automatic emails when records are added or updated. Here are the steps to set up automatic emails.
- Choose a different style. Here are the steps to customize a Style.
- Navigate to the DataPages and edit the app as needed.
- Navigate to the Authentications and edit each Authentication as needed.
- Under the “Configure Authentication” section, go to the Footer and remove the demo credentials (“For demo purposes…”).
- Last, update the App Parameters. They can be accessed from the right panel on the App Overview page. Here, you can update any static values such as email addresses or URLs contained in your app.
- Update the Text and Email parameters based on your needs.
- Update the URL parameters if you change the names of the pages.
Note that previewing the DataPages inside Caspio Bridge may generate this error message “Cannot redirect to the specified destination page…“. To learn why this is happening, refer here.
4. Testing Your App
Be sure to verify all application interfaces, functionality and navigation.
If you need help walking through this process, please request a project consultation.