Once your DataPages have been created, you will need to deploy them to make them externally accessible. Several deployment methods are available to choose from depending on your requirements.
Steps to Deploy a DataPage:
- In the DataPages section, select the DataPage and click on Deploy.
- Update the Deployment Status by clicking on the Enabled button.
- Select your preferred deployment method.
- .NET – Use the Dot Net deployment model for Sharepoint, aspx, C# and VB.Net pages only.
- URL – A URL is the quickest way to present a DataPage if you just need a direct URL or link to your DataPage.
- Frame – Nested iframes can offer some advantages particularly when creating complex interfaces for one-to-many relationships. You must specify the in-line frame width and height for the DataPage to display properly.
- SEO – By enabling the Server-Side (SEO) deployment method, you are allowing search engines to crawl the contents of your DataPage. This model can only be activated for Report DataPages with pre-defined criteria or HTML DataPages.
- If your DataPages are transmitting sensitive information, you can apply SSL encryption to protect the data during transfer.
- Click into the deploy code area and copy the code (using the CTRL +C or Command +C keyboard function) and paste this code into the source of your web page using an HTML or text editor.
Note: For your deployed DataPage to work, your web page must be served by a web server. Make sure you save and upload your web page to your server otherwise the DataPage will not function correctly.
You can control access to your DataPage by indicating individual IP addresses for specific networks of computers. You have two options available in the Default Access:
- Allow all – This setting will ALLOW access from all IP addresses or masks except the ones you indicate below in the Except text area.
- Deny all – This setting will BLOCK access from all IP addresses or masks except the ones you indicate below in the Except text area.
You may also insert IP masks using asterisks in place of the IP number grouping, like as follows: