Once your DataPages have been created, you will need to deploy them to make them accessible to your users. Several deployment methods are available to choose to meet your specific requirements.
Steps to Deploy a DataPage:
- In the DataPages listing page, select the DataPage and click on Deploy.
- Click Enabled to change the Deployment Status.
- Select your preferred deployment method.
- URL – A URL is the quickest way to share a DataPage. You can copy the URL and place it on any website or in an email. If you choose the Link option under URL, the URL is automatically wrapped around the DataPage name.
- Frame – Frame and iFrame deployment options are useful when for any reason the Embed method is not preferred. A DataPage deployed in a Frame or iFrame does not interact with its container page content. Therefore it is not a good approach if your DataPage is receiving parameters. You can further enhance the provided code snippet to give the Frame a specific height, width, border, background color, etc. Here you can find more information about iFrame attributes.
- .NET – Use the Dot Net deployment method for deploying into SharePoint, aspx, C# and VB.Net pages only.
- WordPress – Use this option if deploying into your own installation of WordPress. Note that this option works with Caspio Plugin for WordPress. For wordpress.com sites use one of our regular deployment options such as Embed, URL, Frame or iFrame. Learn more about deploying into WordPress here.
- SEO – This option is only available for Report DataPages with pre-defined criteria (i.e. no search form) and HTML DataPages. This method allows Search Engine Optimization (SEO), because the search engines will be able to index your database content. Note that SEO deployment is available in select plans and sometimes as an add-on. If this feature is not available in your plan the option will never become visible. For more information in creating SEO DataPages see SEO Deployment Guidelines.
- Encryption – For data security reasons, the deploy code of all password protected DataPages are automatically offered in HTTPS protocol. We also recommend that you enable Enforce Encryption to ensure that the DataPage does not respond to HTTP calls. All other DataPages can also be deployed in HTTPS if desired.
- Click into the deploy code area and copy the code (using CTRL-C or Command-C keyboard shortcuts) and paste this code into the source of your web page using an HTML or text editor. Note that you should not be pasting the code into a WYSIWYG editor, but into the source code of the page.
Your deployed DataPage will only work properly when its host page is served by a web server. Upload your page to your web server if needed and then verify your deployment.
You can restrict access to your DataPage by specifying one or more IP addresses or address ranges. The default behavior of the DataPage can be set to Allow All or Deny All and the list of exceptions can be entered.
IP masks can be entered using asterisks in place of the IP part, as follows:
- Deploy Caspio DataPages in WordPress
- SEO Deployment Directions
- Caspio Site vs. Account Subdomain Deployment
- Deployment section in Creating Apps Best Practices