Web Forms, Mobile Forms and Search and Report DataPages can automatically send emails to fixed email addresses, typically within your organization, to notify one or more people that a new or updated submission is made. Notification emails will be sent directly to these recipients.
During DataPage design, configure the details of your email:
- From address – This is the "From" line of your email. If the email is bounced, or if the recipient replies to the automatic email, it is sent to this email address.
- To address – This is the "To" line of your email with fixed email addresses. The notification emails will be sent to the address(es) entered. You can add one or more email addresses to notify multiple people of the arrival of new submissions. Use a comma to separate email addresses.
- Reply-to address – This is the "Reply-to" line of your email. You can insert the same field as the “From” field or you can insert the field containing the recipient's email address from the form.
- Subject – You can personalize the subject line for the user or situation by entering text and inserting fields from the table. To insert a field, select it from the drop-down at the bottom and click Insert.
- File Attachment – If your DataPage includes one or more file fields, you can click the Attachments button to attach the file to the notification email.
- Email address of recipients – Enter one or more email addresses to receive notifications. Separate multiple email addresses by a semicolon.
- Message body – The content of notification emails is fully customizable with your text and can be personalized for the user by inserting fields from the table.
- Email format – Emails can be sent in plain text or HTML.