Localizations let you customize the language your application communicates in. In addition to regional settings for numerical, currency and time display formats, all default messages in Caspio can be customized using both plain text and HTML.
Not only can you change the default wording, but also add graphics and links to further improve the overall user experience (UX).
Localizations can be used to:
- Increase user stimulation with graphics
- Avoid dead-ends – a page or interface that forces the user to press the back button.
- Provide a clear usage path such as an “Add Record” link when no records are found.
How to customize a Localization:
Navigate to the Localizations listing and select a Localization you wish to customize. Make a copy of your default localization to keep in case you would like to revert back to that version later. Click Copy, enter a new name, and click Save.
The second section allows you to see which DataPages are assigned to the current Localization. Using this screen you can change the localization of multiple DataPages at one time using the checkbox column at the far left.
Here are some ideas that have proven helpful.
Add links and images to messages:
View live example.
<h1>Sorry, no records were found</h1><p>Where would you like to go now?</p> <div> <a href="">Option 1</a> <a href="">Option 2</a> <a href="">Option 3</a> </div>
Add a popup alert to error messages
Popup alert messages are very effective for getting your user’s attention to pass on information. However, they can become irritating if used too often because there is no way to disable them in most browsers. Use them sparingly.
<script> alert("Alert Text"); </script>
Automatically redirect a user instead of displaying a message
Occasionally the best option is to redirect the user’s browser. This can be especially useful if you have a personalized link to a Single Record Update Form. If the record no longer exists, you can redirect your user directly to a form to create a new one.
<script> window.location.href = "http://URL of Redirect Location"; </script>
- Prior to installing the Caspio Plugin for 32-bit Office, confirm you are using the 32-bit version of Office (click “About” from the Help menu).
- Confirm that your computer is running .NET framework 4.5 or above (contact your IT administrator or check your current version using these recommendations by Microsoft).
- For security purposes, you must create a SOAP API Profile accessible from the Caspio Bridge menu Account -> Access Permissions. Note down your profile name and password, as they will be required to set up the plugin.
Installation Instructions:Close your Microsoft Excel and Access programs and download the installer below. You do not have to uninstall the previous version of the plugin to upgrade. Download the Plugin for 32-bit Office 2007-2010 Run the setup_x86.msi file.
Click Next to proceed and the wizard will walk you through the installation process.
Use the default Folder or Browse to choose a different location. Click Next.
Click Next to start the installation process.
The installation is complete. Click Close to close the wizard. Open Access or Excel again. The Remote Sync Agent plugin is accessible from the “Caspio Bridge” tab in Access or the “Add-Ins” tab in Excel.