This release includes Triggered Actions, a redesigned App Overview page, and enhancements to previously released features.
Watch the video below to see a summary of the 9.9 Caspio release:
With the new Triggered Actions feature, you can define your application logic through a visual interface. In a Table, Triggered Actions can be created and executed on specified data events (i.e. insert, update or delete) to perform additional data changes and complex data calculations on the same table and other tables.
Figure 1 – Triggered Actions List
Figure 2 – Triggered Actions View
In this initial release, Triggered Actions focuses on data manipulation and application logic. In future updates, we are planning to support triggered emails, SMS messages and more.
Triggered Actions are available in Professional and higher plans at no additional cost.
Learn more about Triggered Actions.
We have redesigned the App Overview page to show useful information about your apps, as well as tips to help guide new users in building Caspio applications.
Figure 3 – App Overview
Learn more about App Overview.
Enhancements to List Data Types
- Parameters can now be received or passed to a List Data Type field in DataPages.
Figure 4 – Parameters for List Data Types
- Because a comma is used as a separator between each list item value, the comma character will be encoded as “%2C” when the field is used as a parameter.
- In search forms, you can now choose the behavior for blank list fields. One option is to ignore the criteria, and the other is to return records with blank values in the list field.
- The following options are now available when converting data types in Table Design:
- Text Data Types can be converted to a corresponding List Data Type.
- List Data Types can be converted from any sub-type (String, Number, Date) to another.
- Note: Data loss may occur when trying to convert to incompatible data types and a warning message will appear prior to the conversion.
Learn more about List Data Types.
We have made significant performance improvements to the load time of objects, particularly if you have a large number of DataPages, tables, views or files.
|50370||Rendered DataPages||Fixed sorting issue for calculated fields with SQL query in DataPages configured with non-English localization.|
|51300||Rendered DataPages||Fixed issue with hiding a label of a field in Rule.|
|50553||Rendered DataPages||Fixed resource allocation issue in Calculated Field.|
|50134||Rendered DataPages||Fixed paging issue in Report DataPages when navigating from Details to Results page.|
|49745||Rendered DataPages||Fixed issue with showing * (asterisk) for List data type field when required by Rule.|
|50269||Datasheet||Fixed filtering issue for duplicate records in Datasheet.|
|49976||DataPages Wizard||Fixed formatting issue for text in Header/Footer/HTML blocks in Authentication object.|
|46983||Rendered DataPages||Fixed issue for fields required by Rule.|
|51738||Rendered DataPages||Fixed sorting issue for Report DataPages configured with cbResetParam=1.|
|50882||Rendered DataPages||Fixed issue with downloading data in Report DataPages.|
|51227||Rendered DataPages||Fixed issue with editable cascading field.|
|52342||Rendered DataPages||Fixed issue with sorting data based on Date/Time fields.|
Refer to the 9.9 Impacted Areas article for more information about the areas affected by this release.
Have a Feature Request?
Submit your ideas and feedback regarding product features in the Caspio Ideabox.