To use Scheduled Tasks (Import and Export), you must first define one or more repositories, called Sites. A Site is a repository outside of your Caspio account used by Scheduled Tasks for importing or exporting data. The following repositories are supported:
- A website accessed through HTTP or HTTPS.
- An FTP server accessed through FTP, FTPS, or SFTP protocols.
- A remote server that offers secure copy through the SCP protocol.
- A cloud drive service such as Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or Box.
- One or more email addresses (for data export by email).
Note: Scheduled Task is available as an advanced feature. Not all the repository types and protocols mentioned above are available in all Caspio plans. To see if your plan includes this feature and which repository types are included, go to the Caspio’s Pricing page.
Follow the steps below to create a new Site:
- On the Caspio menu bar click Tools and from the drop-down list, click Scheduled Tasks.
- On the Scheduled Tasks screen, click Sites.
- On the Sites screen, click New Site.
- On the New screen, from the Type drop-down list, select the repository you want to use and configure settings accordingly. Each repository type has different configuration settings.
For Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Box repositories, you must grant Scheduled Tasks access to the cloud drive service. To do this, click the Authorize button to go to the login screen of the chosen service and enter your credentials.
Important: Box service has a 10-minute delay for indexing newly uploaded files. So files must be created at least 10 minutes prior to the planned tasks to run.
- Each Google Drive account can only be used in one Site in your account. The same Site can be used in many tasks.
- Google Drive allows multiple folders to have the same name. We recommend that you use a unique folder for your Caspio data. Otherwise, it will be difficult to distinguish which folder is used for your import and export tasks.
- To ensure that the repository is properly set up, click Test Connection.
- To finalize adding the Site, click Create.
With Release 19, Caspio has migrated to the new Box API. Box Sites created prior to Release 19 must be updated or they will stop working on 25 October 2019. To re-authenticate do the following.
On the Caspio menu bar click Tools and from the drop-down list click Scheduled Tasks.
- On the Scheduled Tasks screen click Sites.
- On the Sites screen open the site that is connected to Box.
- Click the Authorize button to re-authenticate.
- Repeat this for any other Box site that you may have.
All Import and Export tasks using the updated Site will continue to work as before.